Our voices can hold a key for our own health, healing, and well-being. Chanting is one of the lesser known and used tools of Yoga, using sound in the form of mantra, helping to connect from our heart. It can help us 'find our voice' in life as well has hold many other benefits for healing.
Adhyayanam (Vedic Chanting) is a useful tool in quietening the mind and as a preparation for dhyana (meditation) but also can be a meditative process in itself.
What to expect in this introductory session:
- The history of Vedic Chanting
- What is mantra?
- Benefits of chanting for focus, developing breath, bringing calm to body & mind and more.
- Basic rules and techniques eg the primary notes, the importance of punctuation, timing, and strength of sound.
- Learn simple mantras to introduce basic rules followed by one or two basic chants, taught in call and response format.
- How to incorporate mantra into asana practice
(No experience is needed.)
To book, click here: https://www.trybooking.com/QARD
About the Teacher:
Beverly McCulloch: Yoga Therapist & Registered Yoga Teacher
Beverly is a full time Yoga Teacher and Therapist based in Taree and Old Bar on the Mid North Coast of NSW and is the founder of Healing Heart Yoga, a Yoga centre dedicated and committed to the tradition of Yoga as taught by Sri T Krishnamacharya –teaching Yoga as it best suits the changing needs of each individual person. She has an innate passion for living and sharing Yoga in its true essence for healing and general health and well-being, respecting the tradition of Yoga as a way of living life – extending beyond the yoga mat.
Beverly first started practicing Yoga 20 years ago forming a love of Yoga which continues to grow and thrive. Having her own daily practice for around 10 years and a dedicated personal practice for the past 5 years, it is from this dedicated practice she has experienced the most transformation and growth. She has a particular passion for Vedic Chanting which forms part of her daily practice.
Studies include –
- Advanced Diploma of Yoga Teaching
- Certified Yoga teacher Krishnamacharya Healing & Yoga Foundation (KHYF), Chennai, India
- Yoga Therapy (KHYF) - teaching Yoga one to one for healing.
- Yoga Therapy studies with Svastha Yoga - Depression & Addictions.
- Regular trips to India and Melbourne for ongoing studies of all aspects of Yoga (including Vedic Chanting)
- Beverly is a registered Level 2 Teacher with Yoga Australia.